[CT Birds] A few upcoming events of interest

SOPHIE ZYLA sophiezyla at snet.net
Tue Apr 12 15:51:27 EDT 2016

Hi All,

Naugatuck Valley Audubon Society has a few events coming up which may be of interest so please mark your calendars!

Wednesday April 20th at 7PM at Kellogg Environmental Center, Derby, CT ($3.00 Audubon members, $5.00 non-members, under 12 years old Free)
    The Naugatuck River: A River Few Have ever Seen is a music video by Kevin Zak of the Naugatuck River Revival Group        Take a journey on the Naugatuck River and see some of the birds and wildlife that we miss by simply driving past this river that flows 39 miles through 27 towns before it joins the Housatonic and continues down to Long Island Sound. Kevin is passionate about this river and has spent extensive time researching, studying, and promoting recreation and education.

Saturday May 7 at 7 AM to 9:30 AM at Audubon Bent of the River, Southbury, CT (FREE)
    Spring Birds of Bent of the River Bird Walk with Ken Elkins        Ken will take us on a leisurely walk to explore the fields, shrub, and woodland areas in search of the birds that call this fabulous property home, migration stop, or perfect breeding habitat. This is a property that Ken works at and explores regularly so he is the perfect person to lead us on this bird walk!

Sunday May 15th at 1 PM at Kellogg Environmental Center, Derby, CT ($3.00 Audubon members, $5.00 non-members, under 12 Free)    Meet Live Birds from A Place Called Hope.
        Christine & Todd are amazing at bird rescue, handling, rehab, re-nesting, education, and lessening human impacts al9ong with answering questions you may have. There will be 2 diurnal and two nocturnal species visiting. After the program we will take a walk around the gardens and a bird walk through some areas of Kellogg.
Sunday June 5th 1 PM at Kellogg Environmental Center, Derby CT (Free)    Preserving our World's Wild Canines by Frank Vincenti of Wild Dog Foundation        While not about birds, the coyote shares the various habitats with both us and the birds we are in search of. Whether you are curious, concerned, or intrigued, Frank will entertain, educate, and answer questions on these amazing predators.
Visit Naugatuck Valley Audubon Society on Naugatuck Valley Audubon or Find & "Like" us on Facebook!

|   |
| Naugatuck Valley AudubonCheck our website regularly for inf   ormati   on on o   ur programs , upcoming bird walks , Young Naturalist act ivities , and events ! |
|  |
| View on www.naugatuckvalle... | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Enjoy Spring!

Sophie ZylaNaugatuck Valley Audubon Society