[CT Birds] Northern Goshawk: Centennial Watershed S.F., Newtown

Brian Roach BRoach at aquarionwater.com
Thu Apr 14 15:21:35 EDT 2016

At around 2:00pm today I had good looks at an adult Northern Goshawk near the Aspetuck Valley Trail parking area off Poverty Hollow Road, Newtown, in the Centennial Watershed State Forest.  Just minutes before spotting that bird, a different large raptor that I was not able to see well enough to identify flew through a dense stand of hemlocks near the trail.  Seeing the Goshawk so close by and at nearly the same time leads me to suspect that they were a mated pair.

Brian T. Roach
Program Manager, Environmental Protection
Aquarion Water Company
714 Black Rock Road
Easton, CT  06612

tel: 203-445-7457     fax: 203-268-4493

NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Aquarion Water Company, which information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) to whom this email is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and permanently delete the original message and any attachments.