[CT Birds] Confusing calls

Danforth, Mark E (Mark) danforth at ofsoptics.com
Fri Apr 15 12:26:05 EDT 2016

Last year while at station 43 I encountered a couple of very experienced birders there looking for least bitterns like myself. There was a bird calling frequently from across the marsh that was decided to be a cuckoo. We never saw a bittern that day.
The next day I returned with some other birders and this same bird was calling, same location, when it made an appearance flying toward us and landing not to far in front of us! It was a least bittern. As one of the experienced birders said, always learning.

Sent from my iPhone