[CT Birds] Effect of large gun-range on birds

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 17:33:36 EDT 2016

There is a very active pistol range in Naugatuck State Forest, run by the High Rock Shooting Association. It's in a very good birding area and can be very loud on weekend mornings. Nonetheless I've had Louisiana Waterthrush, Acadian Flycatcher and Eastern Phoebe on territory very close to the range. It's close to a powerline that is a very good migration corridor. I bird there often and have never seen any effect.
Greg HanisekWaterbury.