[CT Birds] Pet store bird

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 08:07:34 EDT 2016

4/15
While at Pet Supplies Plus in Orange yesterday, I heard a dove calling.  I
walked around the store to find one lone Ring necked dove in a cage.  I
spoke with the manager , asking why there was one lone bird, while the
parakeets at least are in a cage with several other birds.  He told me that
a customer had "ordered" this bird and changed her mind.  After hearing the
interesting speaker at the NHBC meeting Thursday night, and explaining how
important it is for many bird species to be in with a flock, for
socializing, I explained this to the manager.  He said that they are
looking for a solution for this bird, perhaps from another pet store.
I feel badly for this individual bird.  If anyone knows of someone who
would be interested in this dove, as a companion or in a group of others,
you can contact the Pet Supplies Plus store, and ask for AJ.
Thanks,
Bev Propen, Orange