[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Snipe

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Sun Apr 17 07:31:10 EDT 2016

A very cooperative Wilson's Snipe was across the road from the motocross at Rocky Hill Meadows.  How many photos should you take of a snipe 15 feet away?...probably many more than I took to get the one you hope for.

Also the floodgates have opened for Savannah Sparrows with at least 20.   We also had them at Pleasure Beach on Thursday and Stratford Point on Friday.

Aside from the snipe there were a few Greater Yellowlegs and about a dozen Green-winged Teal in puddles and a few Wild Turkey at The Meadows.

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone