[CT Birds] CTYBC - April Trip Upcoming

Peter Thompson pthompson234 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 12:39:08 EDT 2016

On Sunday, April 24th, the Connecticut Young Birders Club will be making
its monthly trip to the Litchfield area. White Memorial, Litchfield's best
birding location, is a must-see during April, and we'll be searching hard
for rails, early warblers, rare migrants or even some late waterfowl. Young
Birder Jory Teltser had some good birds up there, finding a Rusty
Blackbird, Eastern Meadowlark and even a Sora. Birding around Goshen could
get us some more boreal birds such as Ruffed Grouse or even a goshawk. The
trip should be very productive for an underbirded part of the state.

In other news, I’m proud to announce that the Connecticut Young Birders
Club will be sending a team to Cape May’s World Series of Birding in
mid-May! The team will consist of myself, Alex Burdo (President Emeritus
and Co-Founder), Brendan Murtha (Club President) and Jory Teltser. We may
not win, but this will give us a great opportunity to vigorously bird one
of the ABA’s best locations during the peak of migration. The World Series
also provides a great fundraising opportunity for bird conservation, and we
would greatly appreciate any donations. You’d be helping a great cause
simply by donating a small amount for each bird species we see. With the
abundance of teams competing at this event, there are great proceeds to be
made to support birds.

Peter Thompson
Club Secretary
Coventry, CT