[CT Birds] Orange backyard and Konold's Pond

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 12:15:25 EDT 2016

4/19
Brief stop  at konold's Pond in Woodbridge, while doing errands,
3 Great Blue Herons in tree.  2 were on a nest preening and third was
sitting on another nest.
12 Buffleheads , Red winged blackbirds and Tree swallows and many turtles.

In my Orange backyard, 1 female Eastern Towhee appeared , feeding under the
feeders.  I hope she finds another mate, because I suspect that the male
that got hit, was her mate.  I usually have a pair around each year.  Pair
of chipping sparrows, pair of Cowbirds, pair of Red bellied woodpeckers and
Downies, pair of Cardinals, 6 American Goldfinches, 3 Housefinches, 4 Blue
Jays, White throated and Song sparrows, pair of White breasted nuthatches ,
Red winged blackbirds, Common Grackles, Mourning Doves, House sparrows.
Bev Propen, Orange