[CT Birds] Sherwood Island Boat-tailed Grackles: "Westoni" Subspecies?

Jory Teltser aliencricket21 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:40:49 EDT 2016

While editing the photos of the continuing male Boat-tailed Grackle at
Sherwood, I had a shocking realization that the color of the birds eyes are
BROWN and not yellow.  Westoni is the Florida/Gulf Coast population with
this characteristic (while the torreyi/alabamensis population that occurs
normally in CT have yellow eyes), so a CT record would be very rare, if not
a state first.  Any input on this ID would be greatly appreciated.

Below is the link my Flickr page with a couple photos of the bird

Jory Teltser
*Check out the Connecticut Young Birders Blog!*