[CT Birds] re-routed, sorry

tomrharrington at yahoo.com tomrharrington at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 14:31:15 EDT 2016

 To all the great people out there in COA land,As many of you know, I do not post very often. Things are usually very busy around here!I apologize because there is an ad in this e-mail that I received from Alejandro Rico-Guevara, Ph.D. Alejandro is a former Ph. D. student from UConn and is trying to do an experiment with hummingbirds. The video shows what is great about hummingbirds. Please, help if you would like, but, take a look at some of the magnificent photography!
As an extra bonus, I have attached a photo of the Ovenbird that has been coming to our feeder since March 20th.
The following is a copy of the e-mail that I received today.

"Hello Tom,
I hope this email finds you well. I have some new research that I think the Natchaug Ornithological Society would be interested in.
My wife and I have entered hummingbirds into an Animal Superpowers contest so that we can raise funds to study how hummingbirds balance using their bills for both fighting and feeding. We made an entertaining video you can see here.
The team with the most donations (# of people) gets $1500! Please help us spread the word about hummingbird superpowers!! The world deserves to know!
And please donate! We only need $5 from each person.
Thank you!Alejandro
--Alejandro Rico-Guevara, Ph.D.

Best Regards,Tom Harringtongreatgrayowl at sbcglobal.net