[CT Birds] Summer Tanager? Or Saffron Finch.

Spector, David (Biology) spectord at ccsu.edu
Thu Apr 21 22:19:24 EDT 2016

The Saffron Finch is now in the tanager family, while the Summer Tanager, along with Scarlet and Western, is now in the cardinal family.

By the way, the Saffron Finch, introduced and now common in Jamaica, has a role in popular song--Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" are three Saffron Finches.

David Spector
Belchertown, Massachusetts