[CT Birds] Stratford migrants & warbler photos 4/23

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Sun Apr 24 16:58:27 EDT 2016

Yesterday, 4/23, was a solid day for birds in Stratford in terms of
abundance for the expected early migrants. My favorite photos were of a
stunningly cooperative Palm Warbler at Roosevelt Forest:
http://rtpi.org/palm-warbler-2/

I had dozens of Yellow-rumped Warblers all over town, and we do not
often get that many down here in spring "dripping from the trees". Most
were staying up high feeding in the canopy but I got a couple decent
shots of one: http://rtpi.org/yellow-rumped-warbler-3/

I also had several Blue-gray Gnatcatchers in multiple locations, and a
House Wren at home and at Wooster Park. Should be a fun week and
hopefully month...

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch