[CT Birds] Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Chipping Sparrows and more Saugatuck Reservoir Weston

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 22:12:57 EDT 2016

While fishing after work from 6:15pm-8pm, I heard and saw:

1- Yellow billed Cuckoo (heard calling). First of year for me.

About a half dozen Chipping Sparrows (seen and calling)

About a dozen Eastern Bluebirds (calling and seen)

4- Brown-headed Cowbirds (two pairs)

5- Palm Warblers

A couple dozen Yellow-rumped Warblers

3- Great Egrets roosting on island in the northern part of the lake

Dozens of swallows going south to north to roosting spot for the night. Tree, Barn, and Northern Rough-winged.

3- Common Ravens

1- Great Horned Owl hooting at dusk

3- White-tailed Deer

3- Brown Bats

Spring Peepers, American Toads and Gray Tree Frogs calling at dusk.

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk, CT.

Sent from my iPhone