[CT Birds] Stratford birds 4/27

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Wed Apr 27 21:28:30 EDT 2016

Stratford today reflected what one would expect after a poor migratory
evening as the usual early migrants were well-dispersed in inland areas
with a quiet coastline and slow hotspots. I quickly checked in on a
couple inland locations with Boothe Park's pond yielding 1 BROWN
THRASHER, my FOY Gray Catbird and Yellow Warblers, with a female Yellow
cooperating for photos: http://rtpi.org/yellow-warbler-2/

Wooster Park had a number of Yellow-rumped Warblers and a few each of
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Palm Warblers and my FOY Black-and-white
Warblers. Stratford Point had only the earliest and most expected
passerines, as did the McKinney Refuge, with more Yellow-rumped
Warblers, Eastern Towhees, Swamp Sparrows, and so on.

Tonight should be interesting with a southerly flow initially that
should shut down and reverse as surface high pressure moves into the
region, perhaps bringing us new birds that are subsequently encouraged
to stop here. We'll see how many take flight along the coast.

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator