[CT Birds] American Bittern at Lower Pond of A.W. Stanley Park (photo, any trip reports?, and bats)

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 05:31:33 EDT 2016

Here's a photo of the American Bittern I reported at AW last week:

      http://foawsp.org/photos/2016/AMBI_2016-04-19_IMG_8896.jpg

If you made a trip to AW for the bittern, can you send me a trip report of
when you came, where you came from, what you saw, any photos you took,
impressions of the park, etc.? The City's in the process of some park
improvement projects and it would be beneficial to have recent
documentation of the value of the nature aspects of the park as far as
drawing visitors. Thanks!

Also, I saw 2 Little Brown Bats (I assume) on one evening last week at AW.
They were flying above the loop road between the lighted Little League
field and the upper cattail marsh. Previous years I've seen them across
Hartford Rd. near the lighted driving range.

--
Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com