[CT Birds] FOY House Wrens, NoSto

Julie Keefer julie.keefer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:22:53 EDT 2016

This morning I heard 2 house wrens singing, first I've heard this year.  I
saw a male eastern towhee yesterday morning.  The chipping sparrows won't
shut up but the phoebes have stopped singing for some reason (maybe they
are nesting already?), same with the Louisiana Waterthrush that had been
singing for about a week along the creek.  It's been about a week now since
I've heard either.  I usually hear the waterthrush all summer, so maybe
that one was just passing through?  And I can't wait for the orioles to
return!  They have nested in our cottonwood for the last several summers.

Julie Keefer
North Stonington