[CT Birds] Stratford Point 5/8 so far

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Sun May 8 08:41:41 EDT 2016

Some of the fallout-ish highlights so far at Stratford Point today - 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee, 1 Veery, 1 Wood Thrush, 3 Ovenbird, 1
Black-and-white Warbler, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 1 Northern Parula, 7+
Yellow Warbler, 6 Yellow-rumped Warbler, 6+ White-throated Sparrow, 2
Swamp Sparrow, 5 Eastern Towhee, 3 Orchard Oriole, 2 Baltimore Oriole,
5+ Ruby-throated Hummingbird, 2 House Wren, etc. There is undoubtedly
more as birds often stay quiet here being at an unusual and small out of
place site for forest interior species, and it takes considerable time
to get them all out. Always surprising how well they can hide in such a
tiny space...

At least 200 Brant, small groups of Semipalmated Plover and Semipalmated
Sandpiper, still have Common Loon and Red-breasted Merganser, groups of
Double-crested Cormorant going by, active Osprey, and more. I'll see
what I can get when the rain stops. It's a good day to go find that
first Swainson's Warbler for CT, among others.

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator