[CT Birds] Thanks for a great Rusty Blackbird Blitz season! But...

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Mon May 2 10:16:29 EDT 2016

Thank you to everyone who has submitted Rusty Blackbird sightings to
eBird this spring! Although today marks the close of the target Blitz
dates in Connecticut, the Blitz isn’t over! In 2015, Rusty migration was
later than usual through many states, and birders were reporting Rusty
Blackbirds in some southern states in early April, and in northern
states through early May. Even outside of our official Blitz window for
Connecticut, we still need all of your Rusty Blackbird observations to
help understand Rusty Blackbird migratory timing and habitat use. The
international Blitz runs through June 15, so please continue to submit
your observations to the “Rusty Blackbird Spring Migration Blitz”
protocol on eBird until then. Thanks for supporting this international
initiative to learn more about Rusty Blackbirds!

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator