[CT Birds] Noble BioBlitz reminder

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Tue May 3 08:17:31 EDT 2016

Hey all - this is a reminder of the Noble Proctor BioBlitz Challenge at
Hammonasset on May 14, 2016:

We wanted to add the important note that the park is charging a $9.25
per vehicle entrance fee. Of course, a state park pass will get you in,
and we have some other options in mind as well:

1. Carpool when possible and split the fee, or carpool with someone who
has a sticker.

2. Meet friends east of the park entrance on the Post Road at the new
Shoreline Green Trail parking lot that is free and open until dusk, and
carpool in.

3. Meet friends at the commuter lot on 95 at exit 61 (Rte 79), west of
Hammo exit, and carpool in.

4. On the day of, Janet Connolly will be happy to ferry people from the
above mentioned parking lots. She asks that she is notified at least the
day before. You can email her at jjcon at comcast.net.

5. People 65 and older can get free pass for all state parks right at
the gate - Charter Oak Pass.

I hope that helps, and we are all looking forward to a wonderful day
with Noble's family and friends. Please feel free to email me with any

See you then,

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street