[CT Birds] Hermit Thrush

twomirers at comcast.net twomirers at comcast.net
Fri May 6 15:45:44 EDT 2016

We had a Hermit Thrush skulking around the periphery of our feeders today. We get this species in the yard at any time of year other than breeding season. I speculate as to whether this is a repeat individual that serendipitously found us one time and has put our location into its GPS as a known reliable spot for a good meal, or whether there is something about our habitat that screams “Hermit Thrushes welcome here.” I am not aware that we’ve had any other Catharus thrush in the yard.

Rob Mirer