[CT Birds] 100th yard bird

Brian K briankulvete at gmail.com
Sun May 8 11:57:23 EDT 2016

I had been awaiting our 100th yard species for a while now. I really
thought it would be a brown thrasher as were in the perfect habitat for
them, but I've still yet to see one here.

I spent the last 6 days either in bed with the flu, or suffering at work
(my job this week was just babysitting a show).

I took the dog out before leaving to go to work and listened to warblers
all over the yard.

My 100th bird was a northern parula. 1 of 4 that I picked out calling
between the front oak tree and several in the swampy side yard. I got a
good look at the front yard bird and happily headed off to work.

Pretty good number for only being in this house for a year and a half.

Wish I had more time to pick through everything else calling back there.
Can't wait to head out tomorrow morning, hopefully back at full health.
I've been dying inside reading all the reports and being stuck in bed with
a 102 temp.

Brian Kulvete
Bloomfield, CT