[CT Birds] Tailless Mourning Dove

David Lawton lawtonesq at gmail.com
Sun May 8 13:09:56 EDT 2016

When I raised pigeon in my youth, a flock of rollers was out flying. The
flock was attacked by a Cooper's Hawk. The moment of the strike was hidden
from me by a tree, but when the flock emerged, one bird was entirely
tailless. I suspect your dove experienced a similar close call.
Avon, CT
On May 8, 2016 11:32 AM, "Michael Ashley via CTBirds" <