[CT Birds] Bent of the River- Least Flycatcher, Swainson's Thrush, YB Cuckoo, 20 species of warblers

Audubon Bent bentoftheriver at gmail.com
Tue May 10 10:22:39 EDT 2016

>From Ken Elkins with Polly Brody:
5/10 Southbury, Audubon Center at Bent of the River- Our first Least
Flycatcher here in years!  2 YB Cuckoos, one heard, one seen quite well.
 82 total species so far, with a singing Swainson's Thrush, and 20 species
of warblers including Canada, Blackpoll, and a late Palm Warbler.

Most of our birding was in the south end of Althea's Meadow, the Cedar
Field, and up in our mixed forest at Weasel Swamp and Tulip Tree trail.

If you'd like to see our checklist:

Good birding,
Ken Elkins
Southbury, CT