[CT Birds] Warblers and Cuckoos at Trout Brook Valley Conservation Area, Easton

Jeremy Nance nance.jeremy at gmail.com
Sat May 14 11:52:11 EDT 2016

Lots of diversity, if not numbers, at Trout Brook this morning.  I ended up
with 21 sp. of warblers, including a BAY-BREASTED (Blue trail between epic
clearing and orchard), single BLACKBURNIAN and NASHVILLE Warblers (Blue and
Magenta trails), and a handful of MAGNOLIA and CANADA Warblers among
others.  YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOS were everywhere (12) and there were two
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOOS as well (epic clearing).  Unfortunately, the 'rarest'
bird I had was a flyover Rock Dove, which at least according to eBird had
not been seen at Trout Brook previously.

Jeremy Nance

Easton, CT