[CT Birds] Abnormal Scarlet Tanager photos/BioBlitz results

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Mon May 16 09:34:43 EDT 2016

Scarlet is a loose term for this red, orange and yellow adult male seen
during the Noble Proctor Memorial BioBlitz Challenge at Hammonasset SP
on Saturday: http://rtpi.org/scarlet-tanager-2/

We will post the full bird results later, but partial results so far
yield 117 species plus AMBD X MALL. Our best finds were some traditional
May migrants and expected enough visitors. David Sibley's Whimbrel was
near the top of the list. I had a Worm-eating Warbler in the early
morning that was seen briefly with a group. Many enjoyed an abundance of
warblers dripping from the trees also including Wilson's and Canada. A
group of us - Frank Gallo, Twan Leenders, David Sibley, Sean Graesser,
Elyse Henshaw, Alex Shipherd and I - had a Gray-cheeked/Bicknell's
Thrush, likely Gray-cheeked. Brown Thrasher, Orchard Oriole, Little Blue
Heron and Boat-tailed Grackle were nice sights. A truly memorable day!
Great to see many of you. Thank you for coming and for your continued
support of the Bridgeport WildLife Guards in honor of Noble!

More information on the event can be found here:
http://rtpi.org/noble-proctor-bioblitz-challenge-at-hammonasset-on-may-14-2016/

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch