[CT Birds] Birdcraft Insanity

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 12:34:40 EDT 2016

In the nearly ten years I have been birding the Birdcraft Sanctuary in
Fairfield, this is the best morning I have ever had. Amazingly, it is also
the first time I have hit twenty species of warbler in one morning at this
location. I spent nearly five and a half hours there, and many warblers
were singing even when I left (just arrived home to two singing
Blackburnians!). Many birders visited throughout the morning, and I spent a
good portion of my visit birding with James Purcell. Our highlights were:

1 Swainson's Thrush
1 Worm-eating Warbler
2 Cape May Warbler
3 Bay-breasted Warbler