[CT Birds] Breeding Bird Survey opportunity!

Dasinger, Andrew M UTRC dasingam at utrc.utc.com
Thu May 19 09:14:55 EDT 2016

I am looking for an observer to take over the Greenwich Breeding Bird Survey (BBS) route. The route (50 designated stops at half-mile intervals) must be run between May 27 and July 7, so there's still time for someone to step in and maintain coverage. Please contact me at amdasinger at gmail.com<mailto:amdasinger at gmail.com> to indicate your interest and I can fill you in. (Note that you must be able to identify all birds found in the state during breeding season by sight and sound.) You can also learn about the North American BBS program at www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBS<http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBS> . The BBS is a long-term, large-scale, international avian monitoring program initiated in 1966 to track the status and trends of North American bird populations. This unique and valuable data set is used by scientists, government agencies, conservation organizations, and others, supporting publications such as The State of North America's Birds prepared by the North American Bird Conservation Initiative. (If this route is filled, it will be the first time in a while that we have 100% route coverage in the state.)

Andrew Dasinger
South Glastonbury