[CT Birds] Stratford 5/17 warblers/pics

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Tue May 17 12:15:19 EDT 2016

I found a lot of migrant warblers in the oaks throughout my neighborhood
this morning including Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Canada and my FOY
Blackpoll among the expected birds. Most stayed high and far, singing
and feeding, but I got a decent shot of the Canada in one of those oaks:
http://rtpi.org/canada-warbler-2/

Additionally, here are a couple very close Magnolia Warbler photos from
Noble's BioBlitz at Hammonasset this past Saturday:
http://rtpi.org/magnolia-warbler-3/

I did not have time to go elsewhere today, but I heard Boothe Park was
very birdy, too. My experience so far this spring in western coastal
Connecticut has been a lot of warblers, more than "normal" in recent
years, with a solid number of kinglets, orioles and tanagers but fewer
sightings of vireos, flycatchers and thrushes than a typical spring.
It's been a little light on sparrows, too.

More to come!

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch