[CT Birds] Least Terns, Glossy Ibis and more lower CT River

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 15:37:23 EDT 2016

While taking a fishing charter today at the mouth of the CT River 6:30am-12:30pm:

3- Glossy Ibis (flying)
20-25- Least Terns (first of year for me) feeding near Griswold Point
2- Common Terns (first of year for me) mixed with the Least Terns

25-30 Mute Swans on the west shore above North Cove

20-25 Osprey (some diving on adult Atlantic Menhaden/Bunker)

5- Willets

Various plovers and sandpipers

3-Common Loons (one calling)

Area by kayak launch on Lieutenant River:

 1- Great Crested Flycatcher
Close to a dozen Yellow Warblers
Close to a dozen Marsh Wrens

Plenty of Blackbirds and Grackles

3- Common Yellowthroats

The ibis were the highlight for me. Love these slightly secretive CT bird.

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk, CT.

Sent from my iPhone