[CT Birds] Haddam and Killingworth today

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Thu May 19 18:15:17 EDT 2016

Cockaponset SF in Haddam highlights today:

1 Cerulean Warbler
4 Chestnut-sided Warblers
4 Worm-eating Warblers, and potentially many many more.  Great WE Warbler habitat! Miles of it!

1 Prairie Warbler

Also a good variety of the usual nesting species such as Redstart and Wood Thrush

First time Linda and I have ever been there!  A gem!

*******

Chatfield Hollow SP in Killingworth:

again mostly nesting species such as B Oriole and Warbling Vireo.  Ovenbirds everywhere.

Some highlights:

1 Black-billed Cuckoo heard
3 Yellow-billed Cuckoo, one seen very well

2 Northern Rough-winged Swallows
3 Louisiana Waterthrush
1 Northern Waterthrush
2 Blue-winged Warblers
1 Eastern Kingbird

Great day to be out and about in a part of the state that I don't get to very often.  The boardwalk at Chatfield Hollow has huge potential.  Wish I had been there a week or two ago.

Carolyn Cimino with Linda Vegliante
Waterford

Sent from my iPhone