[CT Birds] eBird -- Sherwood Island State Park -- May 20, 2016

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri May 20 12:28:39 EDT 2016

Here's my eBird list for the park today which totaled 84 species.
Highlights were the 2 Horned Grebes,3 Long-tailed Ducks,and 17 species of warblers which included 2 Wilson's Warblers.
Note that I have special permission to go in early for bird surveys.

Sherwood  Island State Park
May 20, 2016
5:38 AM
Traveling
3.00 miles
246 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: In part with Tom Murray
Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.1.3 Build 30

14 Brant (Atlantic)
17 Canada Goose
2 American Black Duck
3 Mallard
3 Long-tailed Duck
2 Wild Turkey
6 Common Loon
2 Horned Grebe -- Pair seen just off Sherwood Point with the 3 Long-tailed Ducks
1 Great Egret
3 Glossy Ibis -- Flying west out over the sound
3 Osprey
2 American Oystercatcher -- Mill Beach area
20 Black-bellied Plover
5 Killdeer -- 3 young, west side of park
1 Spotted Sandpiper
2 Willet (Eastern)
3 Ruddy Turnstone
7 Least Sandpiper
1 Ring-billed Gull
12 Herring Gull (American)
2 Great Black-backed Gull
5 Common Tern
5 Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)
2 Mourning Dove
1 Great Horned Owl
4 Chimney Swift
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker
2 Downy Woodpecker
2 Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)
2 Eastern Wood-Pewee
2 Willow Flycatcher
1 Great Crested Flycatcher -- West woods
1 Yellow-throated Vireo
3 Warbling Vireo
3 Red-eyed Vireo
3 Blue Jay
4 American Crow
2 Fish Crow
30 Purple Martin
5 Tree Swallow
7 Barn Swallow
4 Black-capped Chickadee
1 Tufted Titmouse
1 White-breasted Nuthatch
2 House Wren
6 Marsh Wren
1 Carolina Wren
1 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
1 Swainson's Thrush -- Near small ponds on west side in thickets, surprised I noticed it.
8 American Robin
10 Gray Catbird
4 Northern Mockingbird
5 European Starling
7 Cedar Waxwing
1 Ovenbird -- In spruce grove
1 Northern Waterthrush
2 Black-and-white Warbler
1 Nashville Warbler
16 Common Yellowthroat
4 American Redstart
3 Northern Parula
3 Magnolia Warbler
12 Yellow Warbler -- Everywhere.Conservative count
1 Chestnut-sided Warbler -- West woods
3 Blackpoll Warbler
2 Black-throated Blue Warbler
4 Pine Warbler
1 Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)
4 Black-throated Green Warbler
1 Canada Warbler -- West woods
2 Wilson's Warbler -- One at entrance on marsh side and the other at west woods
5 Chipping Sparrow
8 Savannah Sparrow
7 Song Sparrow
2 Swamp Sparrow
2 Scarlet Tanager -- North edge of spruce grove
2 Northern Cardinal
3 Bobolink -- Flyovers while standing at Sherwood Point near 911 memorial
8 Common Grackle
1 Orchard Oriole -- Entrance
2 Baltimore Oriole
2 House Finch