[CT Birds] TBV Weston Canada Warbler photos

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Fri May 20 19:31:12 EDT 2016

I surveyed some of Aspetuck Land Trust's Trout Brook Valley this morning
in Weston/Easton and found many of our great nesting species back where
they "should" be. The migrants were slower than expected but a Canada
Warbler was very cooperative:

There were at least 3 Yellow-billed Cuckoos and 10 Black-billed Cuckoos.
Of course that was mostly by voice, and there were probably more in
there eluding me. We do have some nesting but it seems like a perfect
time for migrants. I did not have any Ceruleans but I'm happy they're
still using the site to stopover at least.

I'm a member of the ALT Land Management Committee, and we continue to
work very hard to make Trout Brook Valley a terrific habitat for birds,
from the forest to the developing grasslands. It's a great place now and
it'll be unbelievable in a decade.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street