[CT Birds] Chester, 5/21 - black-billed cuckoo

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sat May 21 11:15:13 EDT 2016

Chester - BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO calling from our south woods this morning.

Our yard is filled with birds overall, with active nesters including:
cardinals, rose-breasted grosbeaks, house wrens, robins, wood thrush,
northern orioles, nuthatches, red-winged blackbirds, red-bellied
woodpeckers, flickers, and grackles. Not sure if our bluebirds pulled
through - they're always so secretive when they settle in the nest box.
(I'm sure the titmice, chickadees, catbirds, hummingbirds, and downies
are nesting nearby as well, since they're constantly in the yard and at
the feeders; just haven't pinpointed their locations yet.)
~  Tammy Eustis, Chester