[CT Birds] Mourning Warbler at Hammonasset

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 22:01:11 EDT 2016

5/25 - Male MOURNING WARBLER at Hammonasset on Willard's Island.  Seen and photographed 7:45-7:58 pm in the bushes at the base of the huge red oak that is halfway down the right trail.  This oak overhangs the trail.  Very RARE at Hammo.  There is only one other report in ebird. I asked Micky Komara to post it for me just in case anyone was at the park and wanted to see it just before the park closed.  It may be there in the morning if anyone is interested. I need to learn how to post to CT Birds from my cell phone - I can't figure out - I can only do it from the computer at home.  Also saw a WILSON's WARBLER on WI and the WHIMBREL 5:00-5:13 pm near osprey platform seen from bridge on Cedar Island trail.
Tim AntanaitisPortland, CT