[CT Birds] Nesting peregrines Windsor

Brian K briankulvete at gmail.com
Thu May 26 09:16:03 EDT 2016

A pair of peregrine falcons is nesting underneath the 291 bridge in Windsor
CT.  My favorite bird.

There is a boat launch into the CT river at the end of East Barber street
off route 159 (right off Rt. 91). If you walk to the edge of the launch and
river, really early in the morning, they perch about 20' down river in a
dead tree for some amazing looks. I saw the female this morning finishing
off some kind of kill and shortly after she went back under the bridge and
the male perched in the same spot. The male is tagged and I think I got
some readable photos, so I'm about to report it.

The daily fishermen there tell me the peregrines are in that tree pretty
much every morning. Best bet is between 6-8am. I had to wait about a half
hour this morning at 7am though.  I saw them here last year later in the
evening (and season) as well, but under the bridge itself.

Brian Kulvete
Bloomfield, CT.