[CT Birds] East Rock Gray-cheeked Thrush

Mark Scott tillercat at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 18:34:52 EDT 2016

A postscript to John Oshlick's earlier report of the gray-cheeked thrush that he, Ed Sadowski and I heard at East Rock Park, New Haven/Hamden, this morning: the bird was the first of the species I have heard singing in the park since starting birding there about twenty-five springs ago. I became familiar with thrush songs a few years after that, enough at least to notice something different from the usual singers. A highlight of the year!
Speaking of thrushes, a veery (silent) visited the back yard today.