[CT Birds] Coventry Big Day

Peter Thompson pthompson234 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 09:50:00 EDT 2016

Along with Jory and Preston, this Sunday I did a big day in my hometown of Coventry. Being inland, my species total was significantly less than theirs, finishing out with 87 species. Only adding three waterfowl and one shorebird (with no gulls), I felt like I did pretty well. Highlights included hearing and seeing Barred Owl in my yard, three Black-billed Cuckoos total (two at Creaser Park), Ring-necked Pheasants which have been at Creaser all year, fifteen warbler species, Common Nighthawk flyovers late in the day, and a lot of other good birds. The link to the checklist is below if you'd like to view the entire thing. http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S29853927

Sent from my iPhone