[CT Birds] Yellow-billed Cuckoo photos Stratford Point

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Wed May 25 12:52:52 EDT 2016

I spotted a Yellow-billed Cuckoo being chased by a Common Grackle and
American Robin at Stratford Point naked eye while in the office late
this morning, and it provided some nice views while foraging on the
bluff: http://rtpi.org/yellow-billed-cuckoo-coccyzus-americanus-2/

I last saw it flying to the middle tree between the pollinator meadow
area and grasslands. Our Orchard Orioles have a nest, Willow Flycatchers
are singing away and an American Redstart was calling out as well, among
all the usuals. I saw one of our Brown Thrashers yesterday, and I
presume once again they're trying to quietly nest in the neighborhood.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street
Jamestown, NY 14701-9620