[CT Birds] NHBC June 1st First Wednesday Walk Add On

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Thu May 26 16:50:11 EDT 2016

The New Haven Bird Club June First Wednesday Walk will take place on June 1st at White Memorial in Litchfield. We will meet at 8am at the visitor center parking lot off Bissell Road ,off Rt. 202.
I have made arrangements for those attending the walk to visit
the Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy after the walk and lunch. Cost for the special tour is $10 per person. The tour will be given by Ben Sonnenberg,Director of Environmental Education and will begin about 1pm.
The Conservancy maintains a diverse collection of waterfowl from around the world and has over sixty species of ducks,geese,and swans,along with cranes and other birds in the aviaries and open ponds throughout the sixteen acre facility.
I visited last week and got to see a one day old Masked Lapwing chick along with other duckling species from around the world. This is a special opportunity not to be missed.
Leader:Greg Hanisek:
(Cell) 203-525-1558
(home) 203-754-4401

Tina Green