[CT Birds] NJ

youngDRE at aol.com youngDRE at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 13:34:33 EDT 2016

This past Sunday my husband and I drove down to make our yearly visit to Forsythe NWR and then to Fortescue in NJ to see the horseshoe crabs and birds.

To anyone planning a trip to Forsythe in the next few weeks be sure to call ahead or check their website.  Almost all of the loop drive is closed due to construction and a new headquarters is being built as well.  On Sunday we were able to drive about a mile on the loop to the tower where a temporary turn around spot has been built.

Fortescue is south of Newport, NJ on Delaware Bay and all post storm repairs seem to be complete there.  Drive to the end of the beach road and there are two parking areas.  The beach monitor volunteer there on Sunday said that more horseshoe crabs were arriving with each high tide and they were hopeful for a good year.  The birds were there too!  Aim to go about an hour before and after high tide .  Hope this is helpful .

Dotty Young
Branford

Sent from my iPhone