[CT Birds] Conclusion :: Golden Eagle

Ralph Amodei ramodei at att.net
Sat Jun 4 18:58:15 EDT 2016

 I'm elaborating on my eagle this morning over the marsh grass by the Quinnipiac River atFarGeorge Preserve, New Haven Land Trust Property, New Haven, CT.After a guick look at the Peterson's Field Guide of Hawks by Brian Wheeler the tawny coloringon the upper wings concludes it was an adult female Golden Eagle. It also had a full crop.The birds were heavily shilhouetted. One Ospery was on the nest by the river and my guessis the other two Osprey with the Golden were escorting it out of their territory and nest site.Great day for a Summer Bird Count. I also had a White Throated Sparrow here which is outof place for this time of year. I'm also thinking the Golden either no long breeds or was ill, injured to make it up to the lower boreal forest in northern NE, Canada to breed. I do believethere comes a point in raptors lives were the no longer breed.
Ralph AmodeiEast Haven, CT