[CT Birds] On Accipitor nestings here in CT

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 11 22:37:28 EDT 2016

 Seeing Accipitor nestings here in CT is a hit or miss at any time. I have a Coopers nesting here nearby, and he even takes some of my Chipmunks. I had a nesting Sharp-shinned 2 years ago here in Harwinton, and also have seen about 2 nesters in the Hartland CT areas the last 5 or more years or so. Also a late spring/summer sighting of Goshawks here in CT suggests nesting as well, but need the nest or pair to clinch it. Of note. While a pair of Acipitors are nesting, they usually stay well within the forest, and do not do much flying above the woods as they do in migration. This has been my knowledge for over 50 plus years of birding here in CT.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton