[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:39:42 EDT 2016

6/8  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center, viewed from windows
facing marsh;  10am-1PM, low tide rising,  68-70F.
This season's first osprey egg has hatched!  Female was on nest all
morning, shuffling around.  Male flew in around 10:30,  then flew around
the marsh. No fish was delivered.   2 other ospreys were at the far end of
the marsh. Our Purple Martin camera in one of the gourds shows 5 eggs. I
saw 11 Martins(there are more) with one male showing a red band, then a
silver band above that on its left leg.
On the marsh:
13 Mute Swans, 8 Great Egrets, 4 Snowy egrets, 1 Great black backed gull,
12 "peeps" flew through, 1 mallard, and 3 D.C. Cormorants, 1 Yellow crowned
night heron fly by.
On the grounds:  1 Prairie Warbler, 1 Catbird, 1 Mockingbird, 3
Housefinches, 3 Cardinals, 5 Starlings including 1 juvenile, Robins
including 1 juvenile,  the 2 Tree swallows using our nest box,
Mourning doves, and Common Grackles.
Bev Propen, Orange