[CT Birds] Goshawk nest

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 11 21:29:52 EDT 2016

Amazed at the conversation about a possible goshawk nest here. While a Goshawk nest near a child's play site is possible in my limited experience with Goshawks they appear to prefer a good stand of undisturbed woods and if any one gets near one of their nests they let you know about it as I have had the experience of having an angry Goshawk flying over my head when I was walking on a trail that was too close to a Goshawk nest.. So one has to get a pic of hawk or hawk's nest to confirm what it is? I think one can ID a hawk without having to approach it's nest to  take a pic of it,  which of course will disturb the nesting hawk.  Human good intentions do not always consider what might be best for a bird.that is the object of a human's interest.  Some compulsive birders have other concerns of course.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT