[CT Birds] sapsuckers

C Wood cwood022 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 08:18:41 EDT 2016

Most definitely more YBSA the last few years, but actually, if you look at the 2002 range map in Birds of North America, you see that the (then) winter range was south of CT and the summer range was north of CT  Now they are here year round.  Hard to use climate change as an explanation if they are further south in summer and further north in winter.  More likely long term reforestation here is the influencing factor.

C.S. Wood
Woodbury, CT
203 558-0654