[CT Birds] Cockenoe Island Highlights-Roseate Tern plus

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sat Jun 18 11:27:27 EDT 2016

One of the biggest issues I've see are boaters that take their dogs out with them for the day,
at some point the dogs need to relieve themselves and are let loose on that bar way to often.
Those terns are very good at defending themselves and usually turn  the dog back before they do damage, but not always.
A few years back I recall a person with the one of those parachute type sail boards, at high tide he stopped there and let his sail set down on top of those nest, that was really bad, he didn't realize what he had done and moved on quickly.

Larry Flynn
Norwalk