[CT Birds] Compo Beach Highlights & AMOY update

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 07:16:33 EDT 2016

Westport-Compo Beach-The American Oystercatcher pair that have re-nested at the South Beach section of Compo are doing well so far. A special thank you goes out to the Westport Parks and Rec,especially to Jeanie Gurnari for all their help and support in protecting these birds.As Scott Kruitbosch said, education is key. I still see only one egg and I hope this pair is successful. What a great opportunity to observe this pair in action.

Other birds of note- 4 Long-tailed Ducks,Common Loon, and 11 Brant. The Common Tern colony is busy and there appears to be lots of food for them.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone