[CT Birds] Stratford Point Thrasher, fisher

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Jun 14 08:53:25 EDT 2016

Yesterday I had a Brown Thrasher using the new water garden to grab a drink.  Also a Bobolink flew over and perhaps the same one was calling off and on from the Coast Guard strip for most of the day.   There has also been an Indigo Bunting for the last few days...doing its buzzy call not singing, so perhaps a female.

Aside from that it is the usual nesters such as Orchard Oriole and Willow Flycatcher, Yellow Warbler, Gray Catbird, Tree Swallow...although a group of up to 10 young Purple Martins have been hanging out on the gourds and hunting the property, including hunting dragonflies over the water garden.

Yesterday I had a fisher cat on the property...perhaps a first record here?  Too quick for me to get a photo though.

Patrick Comins, Meriden

Sent from my iPhone