[CT Birds] N Parula Naugatuck SF

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 18:25:55 EDT 2016

I spent time from about 11:15 to 1:15 in the Hunters Mt portion of Naugatuck State Forest (West Block). There was a singing Northern Parula, a potential breeder, at the bottom of the road that runs past the pistol range to the Naugatuck River. It was very birdy overall despite the late hour. Also noteworthy were an Acadian Flycatcher just N of the main power line cut (earlier in the season I had one on the same road S of the pistol range), and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo that responded once to an imitated Barred Owl call. Both Wood Thrush and Veery were very vocal, and Prairie Warbler, Field Sparrow and Indigo Bunting were in the big field at the top of Hunters Mt Road.
Greg HanisekWaterbury