[CT Birds] Probable Red-Breasted Nuthatch, Stratford Point

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jun 17 17:14:34 EDT 2016

I heard a Red-breasted Nuthatch call a couple of times at Stratford Point today.   First from the white pines along the driveway and then from inside the "Coast Guard strip".  I never saw the bird.  I'm calling it a probable and probably won't ebird it since immature White-breasted can sometimes sound similar, but this sure sounded like an RBNU.  Maybe others will have some, as they sometimes show up early in advance of irruption years (hope hope).

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115  http://ct.audubon.org/
Stratford Point is on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/